Tuesday, August 24

Twenty Five.


Black Tee
Originally uploaded by Canny Chic
It's that time of year, again! Now is the season that cheesy slogans, super sales, and advertisements as colorful as the leaves on the trees float in the air, luring shoppers into their local department stores with lists longer than ever. That's right, folks: It’s back-to-school time! Accompanied by my Shopping Buddy, I set out today to see just how difficult the annual back-to-fall shopping spree would be, this year. Finding cute clothes for the season is simple. And spending loads of money on them? Well, that's even easier. The real challenge today was to stay on my small budget. After raiding my piggy bank and rummaging through my wallet, I was able to scrounge up $25 to spend on a new fall wardrobe. After a recent adventure into my messy closet, I've come to the conclusion that jeans and dress slacks are not a necessary buy this season. What I do need, however, are new tops. And a new pair of shoes couldn't hurt, either. After all, a girl can never have too many shoes! ;) For $25, I thought this list was pretty do-able, if I shop at the right places, of course. After grabbing a tasty lunch, it was time to put my money where my mouth was!
Armed with my stack of coupons, I walked in the first store: Kohl's. After a quick browse through the clearance racks and a shop around the beauty department, I ended up purchasing a black blazer and some liquid eyeliner. I also got a free "Flirt!" tote, just for purchasing makeup! The short cropped blazer with grey pinstripe cuffs, originally priced at $60.00, was a steal for only 12 bucks today! (I love clearance!!) The eyeliner, originally $12, was a bit of a splurge, costing me about $9. But here's the kicker-after deducting my coupons and discounts at the checkout, my total came down to only $6 for everything! With excitement in the air, my SB and I headed over to our next stop: Wal*Mart. For the quality of their products, I find Wal*Mart's prices to be slightly above average. However, if you're lucky enough to find your size in the clearance section, it's well worth the price! With this in mind, I meandered over to the clearance shoe section and, to my surprise, found a pair of brown knee high boots-in my size! Making this find even better was the low price of $7! To wind up the day of savings, we ventured to the mall for a bit of window shopping. I hadn’t heard of any outstanding sales, so I wasn’t planning on finding a lot for my leftover pocket change of $11.40. Walking into my favorite store H&M, however, changed my preconceptions. For only $5.00 each, I was able to purchase two tops to bring my day’s expenditures to a grand total of $23.60!! Not only did I stay under budget, but I racked up a savings of over $113.00, which can be accredited to having coupons, shopping clearance, and having self control!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...